PHILOSOPHY OF BELLINGEN PRESCHOOL
- We believe in acknowledging the original custodians of this land, the Gumbaynggirr people and their language and all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the community.
- We believe that our philosophy is guided by the principles outlined in the Early Years Learning Framework, National Quality Standards and United Nations Rights of the Child.
- This is a place of education, exploration, safety, fun and friendship. A place where learning is fun, stimulating and engaging. A place where children are respected, challenged, encouraged and praised. We value and honour diversity and accept and celebrate differences in other people. We believe each person and their family’s values, culture, abilities and language should be acknowledged and accepted and reflected in the preschool’s environment.
- We place play in the centre of our preschool program and believe that play is essential in the lives of young children. Through purposeful play, we encourage the children to challenge themselves, their educators and their peers. We want the children to ask questions, be active learners and problem solvers.
- We approach our learning and daily programming in a collaborative way, providing a balance of planned and spontaneous experience through an emerging play based program. We strive for the children to be involved in meaningful, often long term projects based on the child’s interests, needs and wishes.
- We believe a sense of wonder, belonging to and love of the land, nature and animals are critical for children to develop lifelong respectful positive and proactive attitudes to our environment and to ensure a sustainable future. We believe in nurturing and protecting our most precious gifts – our children and our planet.
- We believe children should be encouraged and supported to make their own decisions and choices and seek to actively develop problem solving skills in a success orientated environment. We believe in providing opportunities to discover and learn about themselves, others and the environment in an atmosphere that encourages harmonious and meaningful relationships.
- We believe in building a community that values children, respects their rights, and gives them love. We believed in building a community that enables children to develop a readiness for the transition to school and a readiness for life.
We have lots of dates to note. Click on the link below to find out more information.
We have lots of fun and exciting trips and events on at Bellingen Preschool. Click on the link below to find out more information.
Our friendly staff are experienced and trained to the highest standards. To learn more about them, click the link below.
Looking for Community-based Preschool? Bellingen Preschool Inc. is about children, families, education and the community. If you’re interested in enrolment click below.
Local Primary Schools
Telephone: (02) 6655 1804
Mobile: 0412 298501
Address: 28 Church Street Bellingen 2454
Postal Address: P.O. Box 269 Bellingen 2454